ConnectED, the National Center for College and Career, was founded in 2006 is a national non-profit supporting college and career readiness and the implementation of high-quality pathways, seeks an experienced and dynamic Associate Director to contribute to its rapid growth and expansion. This role will report to a Program Director and implement ConnectED support services across the country. Associate directors support the design and operation of all aspects of projects, from inception to execution. They work to ensure that objectives are aligned with client needs and that the services advance client capacity. This full-time position can be based anywhere and may require up to 50% travel.
ConnectED partners with school, district, and community leaders to transform education through Linked Learning pathways so that all students, especially those furthest from opportunity, are prepared to succeed in college, career, and civic life.
Across the nation, public schools that offer high-quality, relevant and rigorous education to all students, are the norm. All students graduate fully prepared for both college and career, with equal opportunities at reaching their full potential. Communities, including families, businesses and educators, come together to ensure that every student is valued, proficient, and successful.
Associate Director Job Description – General
Associate directors support projects and initiatives for our organization. This role is responsible for project design, client support, input on progress, and ensuring the achievement of project outcomes.
To ensure success as an associate director you should have exceptional organization, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, ability to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of internal and external constituents. A top-notch associate director has project management and training abilities and public relations skills.
Associate Director Job Description – Mathematics Projects
ConnectED is currently working with school districts on projects to transform mathematics teaching and learning. In these projects we are supporting teachers and schools to pilot new curriculum, various versions of Illustrative Mathematics, to develop more student-centered pedagogical practices and improve student outcomes in mathematics – particularly traditionally marginalized populations. As part of the services that ConnectED provides, we are working intensively with teachers and instructional coaches to provide job-embedded instructional supports.
Associate Director Responsibilities: General
- Support the achievement of key objectives, tasks, and projects.
- Update program directors on project progress.
- Ensure the smooth running of workshops and support services under your control.
- Participate in the coordination of presentations, support services, and visits.
- Co-produce service publications and instructional materials and deliver presentations
- Collaborate with program directors to review and assess the quality and academic relevance and effectiveness of support services and materials.
- Collaborate with program directors to conduct ongoing research to incorporate best practices and expand/refine program and service offerings.
- Collect and analyze data, providing feedback on artifacts, preparing reports on the status of projects.
- Support communication between program directors and program participants.
- Provide additional services as assigned by the program director.
Associate Director Responsibilities: Mathematics Projects
- Build relationships with teams of math teachers and support staff such as instructional coaches or coordinators.
- Support the development of a Professional Learning Community.
- Collaboratively plan and debrief math lessons.
- Model and/or co-teach mathematics lessons.
- Collaboratively plan and deliver Professional Learning and Development.
- Travel to districts.
Associate Director Requirements: General
- Willingness to embrace and communicate ConnectED’s mission to partner with teacher, school, district and community leaders to transform education so that all students, regardless of background, are prepared to succeed in college and career.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Leadership experience in education with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a teacher or associate director for a medium to large-sized business.
- Skilled at goal setting and project design.
- A firm understanding of the sector in which our organization operates.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Goal-driven, organized, and efficient in their work.
Associate Director Requirements: Math Projects
- 5 or more years of Math teaching experience preferred.
- Instructional coach and/or teacher leadership experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Illustrative Mathematics and/or other certified publishers.
- Familiarity with problem-based learning and similar pedagogies.
- Willingness to work with a team of colleagues to develop and refine instructional coaching and professional learning approaches, tools and resources.
- Willingness to travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The majority of work is performed in an office setting.
Copier Fax Machine
Remote/Travel required to School Districts
Locations: California and Oregon (with locations to be determined)
Compensation Range: $130,000 – $145,000.00
ConnectED is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .